Basic financial accounting theory, including the recording of business transactions and preparation of financial statements using ‘generally accepted accounting principles’ (GAAP). Analysis and interpretation of financial data to assist users in their decision-making.and#xa0; Spreadsheets and accounting system software.
- Describe the purpose and composition of each of the four financial statements.
- Evaluate the revenue recognition and expense recognition principles of accrual basis accounting, and how they exemplify the matching principle.
- Analyze and record common business transactions in the appropriate financial statement accounts both manually and by computer accounting software.
- Analyze account balances, and from facts provided, prepare appropriate adjusting journal entries.
- Prepare from adjusted account balances a set of financial statements in good form.
- Assess a company’s financial position, financial operations and cash flows based on the analysis of the company’s financial statements.
- Apply time value of money principles in the context of accounting.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.