Gain practical and theoretical training in financial decision-making and the creation of wealth through the art and science of managing financial resources with a Bachelor of Science in Financial Management. Rather than just monitoring a company’s finances, you’ll get hands-on training in data analysis and learn ways to advise senior managers on how to maximize profits.
Financial managers look out for the financial health of their organizations. As their role has changed with the advance of technology, so have the expectations of the role. This program provides not only a broad perspective of the global economic and financial environment, but also training in the latest advancements to produce financial reports, direct investment activities, and develop strategies and plans for long-term financial goals. The Bachelor of Science in Finance degree program also explores the range of tax laws and regulations that affect the business world.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Explain the financial objectives of an organization and apply quantitative, qualitative, and problem-solving skills in order to achieve those objectives.
- Describe ethical, legal, and global issues that impact an organization’s financial position.
- Discuss the theoretical and practical aspects of corporate finance.
- Explain the structure and operation of financial markets domestically and internationally.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills needed by financial managers.
- Examine the financial position of an organization and make financial decisions.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.