Bachelor of Science in Allied Health
Supporting the efforts of physicians, dentists, or primary healthcare specialists is an exacting and critical job. The Bachelor of Science in Allied Health program will prepare you for success in this field. Coursework includes a broad-based foundation in global and national healthcare issues and trends, ethical and legal issues, health promotion and disease prevention, evidence-based practice, allied healthcare research, healthcare systems management, and healthcare-based informatics. You’ll gain the skills, knowledge, and values to advance in the allied health profession and to work in a variety of settings with diverse patients, families, and communities.
As a graduate, you’ll be ready to seek a supervisory, management, or educational position that is key to the identification, evaluation, and prevention of diseases and disorders. You may opt to work in dietary and nutrition services or rehabilitation and health systems management. Whatever vocational road you choose, this degree will ground you in the knowledge needed to perform at the highest level and for the good of colleagues and patients.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Assess the relative health effects of environment, socioeconomic conditions, behavior, health services, and biology.
- Explain how a team approach that is coordinated, comprehensive, and continuous facilitates successful treatment outcomes.
- Explain the process of active participation in healthcare from a provider, patient, family, and community perspective.
- Assess the impact of effective and ineffective applications of technology in health services.
- Analyze health services from social, workforce, financial, regulatory, technological, and organizational viewpoints.
- Utilize culturally competent strategies and practices that respect the cultural, social, religious, racial, and ethnic diversity of the patient and family regarding disease and their health.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.