The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We envision a University where equity, diversity and inclusion are:
- Integrated into the learning and working environment of every all members of the University community.
- Recognized as core institutional values, and will inform thinking, policies, and practices throughout the University.
- Inherently intertwined with academic excellence and the development of leaders for a globally inclusive society.
The mission of the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) is to provide leadership, guidance and oversight of the University’s equity and inclusion framework. We advocate for shared responsibility in addressing systemic inequities for faculty, staff and students. We strategically and proactively foster an institutional culture of inclusiveness that in turn, nurtures a climate that imbues diversity as an asset.
Lead collective university efforts to cultivate an equitable and inclusive environment to effectively serve a dynamic and diverse student body. ODEI’s commitment to civil rights drives and grounds our work, so that every project and every conversation continuously advocates for and advances institutional excellence through shared responsibility for:
- Access and Inclusion: continuously preparing, inviting, and welcoming students, faculty and staff to an environment where all have the opportunity to thrive and build skills to succeed at the university and beyond.
- Collaboration and Community: advocating for the creation of equitable and collaborative partnerships to better work together within and outside the University towards shared goals.
- Education and Learning: actively and intentionally using models and practices that incorporate content that reflects unique and diverse ways of knowing, being and experiencing the world.
- Sustainable Transformation: promote opportunities for continuous individual and institutional reflection and collaboration to build capacity and integrate what we learn into our culture and infrastructure.
- Accountability: evaluating and assessing progress towards realization of the university’s vision for equity and diversity while complying with federal, state and institutional guidelines.
Oversee the prompt, effective, and equitable intake, investigation, processing, issuing of findings of fact, and timely resolution of all instances of discrimination, harassment, gender-based violence and retaliation made known to responsible employees and/or filed by students, faculty, staff or third parties.
Facilitate the implementation of prevention training, outreach, and education on Title IX, Title VII, the Clery Act, VAWA, ADA, ADEA, all as amended, and other federal and state anti-discrimination rights, laws, regulations and requirements for faculty, staff and students.
Provide consultation to faculty, staff and students on incident and climate concerns related to discrimination, harassment and/or related retaliation, including referral to support resources, notice of the right to file internal and external complaints.