Multiple subject curriculum development in teaching History, Social Science, Health, Physical Education, Visual and Performing Arts using State of California content standards. Content-specific teaching practices, lesson design, and assessment of student learning are emphasized to provide access to the curriculum for all students. Four-hours of field experiences in a K-6 classroom are required.
- Design a variety of educational experiences for the whole class and provide adaptations for ELL , special needs, and gifted students.
- Analyze five categories of classroom-based assessment strategies.
- Characterize valid and reliable classroom assessments.
- Teach a designed lesson plan based on evidence of prior student learning and two current assessment strategies.
- Design a long-term curricular plan integrating Social Science, Physical Education, and Visual and Performing Arts and include an assessment for the whole class and at least one assessment adaptation for ELL, Special Needs, and gifted learners.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.