Content Area Instruct-Assess
This course focuses on content area, subject-specific instruction and assessment strategies effectively engaging all G7-12 students in learning. Candidates will develop a repertoire of content area specific materials, instructional methods, and standards-based assessment strategies for all diverse learners. This course requires four-hours of work in a G7-12 classroom.
- Use theoretical frameworks and instructional models to analyze content area teaching and assessment strategies.
- Analyze content area-standardized assessments, formative and summative assessment strategies, and grading schemes.
- Design a content area learning plan with an emphasis on teacher-directed/student-centered instructional strategies. (
- Teach a teacher-directed/student-centered learning plan, gather student-learning data, and reflect after instruction.
- Integrate current and future technological instruction into teaching case studies in content area.
- Create a content area & resource file’ targeted on teaching specified concepts/skills in identified learning plans.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.