Intern Teaching Seminar
Designed for interns to learn and apply developmentally appropriate pedagogy; planning for and implementing differentiated instruction; and exploring principles of assessment and potential adaptations in response to k-12 students. Grading is S or U only.
- Examine various instructional strategies and ascertain/explain why some instructional strategies/practices are and some are not developmentally appropriate for age and grade level(s).
- Investigate different types of assessments within subject matter and grade level(s).
- Explore, Analyze and Argue the effectiveness of various assessment plans.
- Collect, analyze and interpret the significance of collecting anecdotal data as part of a quality instructional process.
- Demonstrate how to adapt and modify instructional planning and delivery in response to differentiated student needs.
- Reflect on how knowledge of the learners impacts and drives differentiation of instructional planning and delivery.
- Identify key on-grade assessment measures and explain their structure and purpose.
- Conduct assessment adaptations that are responsive to differentiated student needs, i.e. English Language Learner, Student with Special Needs and Gifted.
- Identify what constitutes effective differentiation and reflect on its significance for student learning.
- Implement a lesson plan that shows evidence of differentiation by level of readiness, interest and/or learning profile for a specific group of students.
- Reflect on the effectiveness on lesson implementation and provide appropriate rationale for it.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.