Student Teaching Theory Practical Approach
Integrates theory and practical approaches to situations experienced by candidates during their Student Teaching experience. Content areas include: (l) School/Classroom Culture and Professional Responsibilities, (2) Learning Environment and Classroom Management, (3) Assessment and Evaluation, (4) Lesson Design and Differentiated Instruction. Grading is H, S, or U only.
- Describe the factors that contribute to increased student learning by understanding the school culture.
- Reflect on the Professional Dispositions and identify strengths and areas needing improvement.
- Describe the professional responsibilities of a teacher to meet the learning needs of all students.
- Identify effective classroom management techniques and ways to develop a positive learning environment.
- Assess student learning by using multiple assessment measures that meet the needs of ELL, special needs, and gifted students; analyzing assessment data; and determining students’ instructional needs for future instruction.
- Develop and teach a lesson plan that teaches a State adopted curriculum standard providing accommodations and modifications for students with exceptionalities and English language learners, at-risk students, and gifted students.
- Analyze and reflect on the effectiveness of a lesson plan design, learning activities, student work samples, assessment accommodations and adaptations, and determine implications for future instruction.
- Candidates registered prior to July 1, 2008 will create an ePortfolio that demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge and understanding of the Teacher Performance Expectations (TPEs). Candidates who enroll in the Credential Program July l, 2008 and beyond will be required to submit Teacher Performance Assessments Tasks 3 & 4 in the Student Teaching Seminar.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.