Instruction and Classroom Mana
This course builds on TED 625A by incorporating within a well-designed learning plan, effective instructional and classroom management strategies needed to engage each middle/high school learner. Teacher candidates develop classroom management plans and skills, use the plans in decision-making scenarios and apply the skills in various classroom situations.
- Create a classroom management for establishing and maintaining an effective learning environment for all students. (MCA 1) Signature Assignment.
- Use feedback from two educators to analyze, reflect, and revise the classroom management plan. (MCA 1)
- Use two systematic approaches for working effectively with disruptive G7-12 students. (MCA 2)
- Provide appropriate responses to legal, ethical, and professional issues related to managing classrooms and working with parents. (MCA 2)
- Create and share a content area #8216;resource file’ focused on professional organization(s), curricular items (lesson plans, activities), audio/audio-visual resources, and technological resources. (MCA 3)
- Use an oral, visual, and/or technological approach in sharing the #8216;resource file’ with your learning community. (MCA 3)
- Use Five-Student Profile data and State Adopted Academic Content Standards to design one 30-45 minute learning plan for a G7-12 whole class and four focus pupils (Field Experience) focused on student-centered and teacher-directed instructional strategies and identify ways for collecting evidence of student learning. (MCA 4)
- Teach or co-teach a 30-45 minute teaching event using student-centered teacher-directed strategies, collect evidence of student learning, and use the evidence to respond to required reflective activities. (MCA 4) Signature Assignment
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.