Multiple subject curriculum development and teaching math and science using State of California content standards. Content-specific teaching practices, lesson design and assessment of student learning are emphasized to provide access to the curriculum for all students.
- Analyze three research, self-selected articles dealing with math or science found in the educational literature and research.
- Analyze five of eight school-based curricular documents in terms of curriculum, curricular decision-making, forces driving curricular decisions; curriculum ideologies/conceptions; and its usual curricular design (and process, if possible).
- Analyze instructional strategies for teaching K6 mathematics by focusing on the implementation of strategies, examples, lessons learned, and influences on future teaching practices.
- Analyze instructional strategies for teaching K6 science by focusing on the implementation of strategies, examples, lessons learned, and influences on future teaching practices.
- Use a math or science textbook to create, implement, and evaluate a standards-based assessment instrument and write an analytical paper using student-learning data obtained from the implementation of the designed assessment instrument.
- Create a one week Unit Plan in a K-6 mathematics or science academic content area.
- Design a K6 standards-based, mathematics lesson plan and provide rationales for all lesson plan elements.
- Design a K6 standards-based, science lesson plan and provide rationales for all lesson plan elements.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.