Mathematics Teaching Methods
A critical inquiry into present-day tendencies in teaching mathematics in order to help prospective mathematics teachers to acquire their professional skills in the teaching of mathematics in secondary school. Fundamental concepts of mathematics and effective approaches to their teaching will be discussed.
- Discuss math standards and the content of math programs for secondary schools.
- Apply diverse teaching techniques and encourage the learning process in the mathematics classroom.
- Use modern technological tools for teaching and solving math problems.
- Describe and rationalize a set of strategies for mathematical problem-generation.
- Discuss the rules of effectiveness in mathematics study.
- Investigate new resources for developing their professional and teaching skills.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.