Participants in this course learn how to increase student achievement by improving the match between the learner’s unique characteristics and various curriculum components; how differentiation involves changes in the depth or breadth of student learning; and how differentiation is enhances through the use of appropriate classroom management, pre-testing, flexible small groups, tiered assignments, target teaching, and the availability of appropriate resources.
- State the philosophical basis for standards- based differentiated Instruction.
- Identify and implement standards-based Best Practice instructional strategies for differentiated instruction.
- Identify and implement the components of differentiated instruction modifying content, (Teach) process (Practice) and product (Apply) to meet the needs of diverse learners and provide access to the core curriculum.
- Identify and implement a repertoire of Best Practice strategies to differentiate instruction by readiness level, interest and learning modalities.
- Identify and implement a repertoire of Best Practice strategies to differentiate instruction for English language learners.
- State the philosophical basis for aligning standards-based instruction with standards-based informal and formal assessment.
- Identify and implement differentiated grouping patterns including Team Leaders for targeted instruction.
- Identify and implement both informal and formal standards-based assessments for targeted differentiated instruction.
- Identify and implement classroom management strategies that facilitate differentiated instruction.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.