Education Social Pluralism
Exploration of the principles of multiculturalism. Examination of ways to evaluate curricular content, adapt instruction, interact with parents and guardians, and create a classroom environment that accommodates the needs of learners in a culturally pluralistic society.
- Examine diversity factors, in self and others, such as culture, ethnicity, race, class, gender, ability, religion, language, and sexual orientation.
- Analyze and explain how specific cultural experiences influence how one develops cultural competencies, skills, and prejudicial attitudes and beliefs.
- Apply and demonstrate knowledge of how to work effectively with students from diverse groups to the classroom setting.
- Develop and design a plan for helping students from mainstream groups gain cross-cultural knowledge, values, and competencies.
- Identify, select, and plan strategies for working with parents of multicultural children.
- Identify current critical public school issues concerning diversity and multiculturalism by discussing, analyzing, and presenting information.
- Analyze, synthesize, and present, both in writing and orally, personal experiences and research findings, utilizing appropriate technology.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.