Found of Lang Teach & Learn
Synthesize and apply the foundations of education: history, philosophy, legal aspects, ethics, and sociology of language teaching and learning with an emphasis placed on the major cultures represented in the state of California. Utilize the knowledge, paradigms and perspectives to deal effectively with the challenges and opportunities of diversity in language teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the politics, issues, history, ethics and sociology of education as it applies to language and learning.
- Demonstrate understanding of the philosophy of education and its significance to teachers as it applies to language and learning and prepare a Philosophy of Education Essay for Classrooms with Additional Language Learners.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of views on Language Learning and Teaching.
- Research the curriculum and pedagogy reforms in classrooms for diversity and prepare an essay on Language Curriculum and Pedagogy Reforms in Diverse Classrooms.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of and reflect upon examples of educational equality and inequality.
- Determine the ethnic makeup of a class and the instructional methodologies used by a teacher by observing a classroom and prepare a Field Experience Report.
- Utilize library resources, including electronic databases, to prepare a research paper of a historical overview of the education of additional language learners that includes major research, relevant research trends, appropriate analysis and skills, and model programs for additional language learners.
- Utilize correct form and style according to the current edition of the American psychological association manual with all written papers.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.