Becoming an Intern
Foundational preparation in general pedagogy including classroom management and planning, reading/language arts, subject specific pedagogy, human development, and teaching English learners as required by CTC to become intern eligible. Course requires completion of 120 hours of contact time with course instructor and K-12 students to apply acquired knowledge and skills.
- Analyze function and scope of four stages of a cyclical model (Learning Map) designed for the assessment of student learning and assessment of teaching practices by candidate.
- Employ the six elements of a cyclical model (Learning Map) when planning, teaching, analyzing and reflecting about student learning and own teaching practice.
- Apply four stages and six elements of the Learning Map while working with learners in a K12 classroom to provide planning of subject-matter specific instruction for the range of diverse learners.
- Utilize the principles of classroom management and organization while working with learners in a K12 classroom to optimize learning within subject matter.
- Synthesize the literacy and English language learning needs while working in a K12 classroom for the purposes of planning and teaching reading and writing for diverse learners.
- Evaluate the literacy and English language learning needs of learners in a K12 classroom for the purposes of assessing reading and writing.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.