SS Integrated Design II
Integrative instructional design models, approaches, and research in designated content areas. Analysis and reflection focused on teaching practices and beliefs. Learning Map design and implementation principles.
- Utilize the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Learning Map Model in designing one-week of instruction for a appropriate content area in grades 7-12.
- Implement an effective one-day/cycle of the Learning Map Model in a designed content area and grade of 7-12
- Analyze the effectiveness of implementing an integrated design on the Learning Map using multiple forms of assessment, including socially constructed feedback.
- Reflect on the analysis of the implemented Learning Map in an appropriate content area classroom by examining the implications for making instructional design adjustments needed for increasing creativity and ensuring for all learners social-emotional thriving and meaningful academic achievement in an equitable and inclusive learning environment.
- Students are expected to attend all class sessions, participate in all class activities, and complete assessment measures/assignments as scheduled.
- Students are expected to complete an assignment requiring four-hours in classroom(s) representing the designated content area for grades 7-12.
- Students are expected to integrate textbooks, internet resources, educational research and literature, and/or lecture concepts into all appropriate assignment requirements.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.