Science Integrative Design
Candidates apply developmentally appropriate practices in designing an integrative approach to science instruction. Utilizes a variety research-based approaches supporting critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Analyzes how K-8 children learn science and other subject-matter utilizing an inquiry model. Integrates health science, physical education and STEM to support conceptual understanding and skills.
- Design an integrative approach to science instruction utilizing how K-8 students’ acquire knowledge and misconceptions, learners’ preconceptions, multiple instructional methods, and meta-cognitive strategies.
- Synthesize a variety of evidence-based instructional strategies for designing an integrative approach to teaching science by exploring crosscutting concepts, engagement of science and engineer practices, and development of disciplinary core ideas.
- Analyze a variety of instructional strategies using in an integrative approach to teaching science and representing developmentally appropriate content and methods needed to promote hands-on activities and student efficacy.
- Design integrative science instruction using principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and the Learning Map model and reflecting an approach using culturally, developmentally appropriate, and linguistically based strategies to engage diverse elementary school learners.
- Reflect on instructional practices and beliefs needed for designing an integrative approach to teaching science-technology and ensuring for all learners socially-emotionally thriving and meaningful academic achievement within an equitable, inclusive learning environment.
- Students are expected to attend all class sessions, participate in all class activities, and complete assessment measures/assignments as scheduled.
- Students are expected to complete an assignment requiring four-hours in a K6 school/classroom and/or with one or more educators representing a variety of roles and responsibilities.
- Students are expected to integrate textbooks, internet resources, educational research and literature, and/or lecture concepts into all appropriate assignment requirements.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.