Mathematics Integrative Design
Analysis of how elementary children think and learn mathematics. Research-based approaches enabling students to think critically and develop math proficiency. Developmentally appropriate instructional strategies for an integrative approach to teaching mathematics using content areas of visual and performing arts, social science, and STEM.
- Design an integrative approach to mathematics instruction utilizing how K-8 students’ acquire mathematical knowledge and misconceptions, learners’ preconceptions, multiple instructional methods, and meta-cognitive strategies.
- Synthesize a variety of evidence-based strategies used to design an integrative approach to teaching mathematics and representing conceptual understanding, procedural fluency, and multi-level instructional practices needed to engage K-8 students with diverse learning needs.
- Analyze an integrative approach to teaching mathematics, representing instructional practices and procedures needed o support a spiraled curriculum, foundational skills, progress monitoring, and developmentally appropriate adaptations and modifications for all learners.
- Design integrative mathematics instruction using principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and the Learning Map model and reflecting an approach using culturally, developmentally appropriate, and linguistically based strategies to engage diverse elementary school learners.
- Reflect on instructional practices and beliefs needed for designing an integrative approach to teaching mathematics and ensuring for all learners socially-emotionally thriving and meaningful academic achievement within an equitable, inclusive learning environment.
- Students are expected to attend all class sessions, participate in all class activities, and complete assessment measures/assignments as scheduled.
- Students are expected to complete an assignment requiring four-hours in a K-8 classroom(s) and with one or more educators representing a variety of roles and responsibilities.
- Students are expected to integrate textbooks, internet resources, educational research and literature, and/or lecture concepts into all appropriate assignment requirements.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.