Becoming a SS Teacher I
State and program requirements specific to Single Subject Teaching Credential. Research-based strategies, knowledge, and principles related to inspired teaching and inspiring learners. Electronic showcase/portfolio requirements, skills, and principles. Grading is S, U or In Progress (IP).
- Apply a deeper understanding of becoming a transformative and inspired teacher as related to the integration of content and pedagogical practices acquired in ITL 520 and ITL 522.
- Create an integrative electronic Showcase/portfolio highlighting a professional development growth plan focused on a deepening understanding of the Inspire(d) framework, Teaching Performance Expectations, single subject pedagogical research and theories, key assignments, and an ongoing reflection about being an inspired teacher working with all learners.
- Analyze the effectiveness of experiences acquired during visits to a variety of the single subject classrooms aligned to appropriate content and related observant and participatory practices used in ITL 520 and ITL 522.
- Students are expected to attend all class sessions, participate in all class activities, and complete assessment measures/assignments as scheduled.
- Students are expected to integrate textbooks, internet resources, educational research and literature, and/or lecture concepts into all appropriate assignment requirements.
Why Choose National University?
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.