Education Theory Technology
This course provides a comprehensive view of curricular issues facing teachers and instructors as the role of technology stimulates change in teaching methodology within the classroom instructional setting. Topics focus on cognition and learning and using technology to support constructivist learning, building technology-supported learning communities, student-directed research projects, and using collaborative communication tools both among students and between students and their mentors.
- Evaluate the relationship between cognition, learning theory, and technology.
- Contrast the use of technology to support constructivist learning to the use of technology to support standards-based instruction.
- Identify ways in which new learning technologies are supported by research.
- Participate in online community-building activities.
- Research and report the ways that technology can be used to support specific types of learners.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.