Leadership and Supervision
Emphasis on theories, principles and practical methods of leadership and supervision applicable to early childhood settings. Demonstrations of instructional, operational and organizational leadership. Focus on components of human resources related to staff recruitment, development and evaluation.
- Demonstrate a high level of leadership and supervision competence in understanding and responding to diversity of culture, language, and ethnicity.
- Builds a culture that encourages and supports instructional practices of teachers, staff and volunteers.
- Establish, monitor, and implement strategies to ensure a positive learning environment that fosters effective communication among parents and staff.
- Develop, analyze and utilize a performance evaluation tool for staff to reflect upon and improve professional practice.
- Demonstrate supervision skills needed to work collaboratively and effectively with other adults in professional roles.
- Articulate the role and development of a leader and advocate in the field of early childhood education.
- Thoughtfully plan individual leadership, supervision and professional development career path.
- Demonstrate undergraduate-level written communication.
- Demonstrate undergraduate-level oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate undergraduate-level application of analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of potential legal and ethical issues in course content.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.