Teaching Math/Writing for M/M
This course provides an overview of the educational demands experienced by K-12 students with M/M disabilities in all settings. Candidates will develop skill in planning and evaluating curriculum, methods, techniques, strategies, materials and media for teaching students. This course focuses on planning for instruction in two areas: written expression and mathematics. The course emphasizes learning strategies, study skills, and core vocabulary development as they relate to the IEP and accessing the general education curriculum.
- Design evidence based instructional programs for M/M K-12 students in language arts and mathematics that facilitate access to the core curriculum;
- Design evidence based curriculum and instruction to teach basic literacy skills (listening, speaking, reading, writing) to K-12 students with M/M disabilities;
- Design evidence based curriculum and instruction to teach reading to adolescence students with M/M disabilities;
- Design evidence based curriculum and instruction to teach writing skills to k-12 students with M/M disabilities;
- Design curriculum and instruction to teach mathematical computation, application and problem solving skills to students with M/M disabilities;
- Utilize evidence based technology applications in the design of instruction for students with M/M disabilities.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.