Language Develop Methods D/HH
Candidates will develop the knowledge and ability to apply a wide variety of instructional techniques to develop age-appropriate language and cognitive skills for students who are deaf or hard of hearing. Candidates are expected to demonstrate skill in both visual (signed) and/or auditory (spoken) communication in the implementation of these techniques.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of instructional methods, systems and techniques to develop age-appropriate language and cognitive skills for deaf and hard of hearing students of varying skill levels.
- Apply knowledge of best practices to develop and implement differentiated lessons and instructional sequences in Language Arts (1 for students kindergarten through second grade, 1 for students grades three through six, 1 for students grades seven through twelve) to be delivered through both signed and spoken language.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt/modify general education Language Arts lesson plans to maximize deaf and hard of hearing students’ access to the core curriculum.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ASL-English learning theory and research linked to practice
- Identify and explain principles of second and dual language acquisition, learning, and assessing in a variety of educational placement sites.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.