Counseling Practicum II
Second of a two-course field practicum where students work as practicum trainees. Students participate in a four-month academic seminar at the university. Students must complete the remainder of the state-required practicum experience hours of face-to-face work with clients in a community agency. This course will meet outside of regular class hours.
- Demonstrate advanced strength-based, recovery model and DSM assessment and diagnostic skills in clinical work with clients.
- Implement effective treatment plans based on the bio-psycho-social-spiritual assessment and DSM diagnosis of clients.
- Develop case management plans and recommendations for clients in treatment with the student.
- Design a provisional prognosis based on the clinical assessment for individual clients in treatment with the student.
- Develop and analyze illness prevention plans for individual clients and for development of prevention programs.
- Demonstrate the capacity to form, maintain, repair, and end therapeutic relationships.
- Demonstrate mastery of entry-level clinical skills.
- Demonstrate progress throughout the program in the required student portfolio.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences