RESEARCH: PARA. CRIT.
A comprehensive study of research and evaluation with an emphasis on research methods, the use of research to inform evidence-based practice, and the importance of research in advancing the profession of counseling. Statistical methods used in research, needs assessment, and program evaluation will be examined.
- Examine the role of research in informing the practice of psychotherapy.
- Evaluate ways in which research advances the profession of counseling.
- Evaluate the statistical methods used in program evaluation.
- Design a needs assessment proposal for a psychotherapy program or agency.
- Analyze published research studies to determine the effectiveness of research methods and types of statistical analysis.
Grading: At least 33% objective testing. At least 20% project on needs assessment proposal.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences