Advanced Psychology of Human Sexuality
Advanced introduction to the interdisciplinary field of human sexuality. Students in this course will engage in the mastery of theoretical and practical knowledge relating to sexual development, identity, relationships, and behavior. Students will develop an awareness of the range of sexuality across cultures and human development, and the application of clinical skills to human sexual behavior.
- Articulate foundational knowledge of human sexuality at a professional level
- Distinguish between biological universals and cultural variation in human sexuality
- Demonstrate the ability to reflect and articulate students’ own cultural assumptions about sex, sexuality and gender
- Apply characteristics of normative sexual behavior and sexual variation to identify atypical sexual behavior, and common characteristics of those exhibiting it
- Identify Similarities and differences of etiology of specific sexual problems
- Analyze components of healthy and unhealthy sexual relationships
- Demonstrate the ability to understand specific sexual disorders, and the effectiveness of sex therapy techniques for resolving sexual problems and challenges
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences