Ethics in Performance Psy
This course examines the professional laws and ethics pertaining to the practice of counseling and psychotherapy, with an emphasis on the laws and ethics pertaining to therapy and consulting with individuals and groups in a wide variety of settings. The content of various relevant legal and ethical codes will be reviewed, and the similarities and differences in ethical practice between the contexts of psychotherapy and performance psychology consulting will be explored in depth.
- Demonstrate understanding of the extensive amount of overlap between psychotherapy and applied performance psychology consulting.
- Identify relevant ethical responsibilities within the practices of psychotherapy and performance psychology consulting.
- Apply appropriate models of ethical decision-making to performance psychology cases.
- Analyze critical ethical issues in counseling, psychotherapy, and performance psychology.
- Apply appropriate ethical standards involved in developing and rendering therapeutic interventions within individual and group counseling and performance psychology consulting.
- Effectively manage issues of transference and countertransference within the therapeutic and consulting process psychology consulting.
- Critique similarities and differences among APA, ACA and AASP ethical codes.
- Apply the ethical obligations and knowledge base relevant to future roles as teachers, researchers, and performance psychology consultants.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences