Foundations in Counseling I
A study of the essential principles and theories of psychology. Topics include social, developmental, and cognitive psychology.
- Describe key concepts in social psychology.
- Analyze psychological behavior in the context of social situations and provide an explanation of the etiology of behavior.
- Describe key concepts in cognitive theory and apply these concepts to everyday human thought patterns.
- Categorize cognitive distortions and understand basic cognitive therapeutic techniques.
- Describe key concepts in developmental psychology and apply them to developmental stages.
- Describe the important developmental theories and their application to psychological development.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences