Turfscience and Sustainability
This course explores advances in systems to manage a ‘green’ facility and the importance of sustainability in the profitability of a public, private, resort, or municipal facility. Students will critique complex decisions related to the proper maintenance of the golf facility and evaluate issues of zoning and community relations in the development and successful operation of a facility.
- Defend the concepts of sustainability and the economic and ecological challenges of current practices in facility management.
- Defend empirically-based theories of environmentally friendly pest management and chemical pesticide use to facility management.
- 3. Defend current research on plant stress management, compost production and use, fertility management, and natural disease suppressants.
- Evaluate the complex role of land development in the sustainability and profitability of a facility.
- Utilizing case studies, construct a project that evaluates the larger ecological impact of current pesticides and practices and the benefits of ecologically sensitive practices.
Students must complete a case study analysis and discussion of ecological challenges and opportunities at a golf facility. The paper should be no less than 10 pages and include a literature review and reference section that incorporates major research findings in the field of study.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences