An exploration of common managerial challenges in the oversight of a golf facility. This course provides students with knowledge to recruit, select, train, evaluate and compensate employees. Students construct inventory management systems, successful marketing and pricing strategies, and merchandising benchmarks to evaluate financial performance in changing market environments.
- Evaluate empirically-proven principles that foster positive human resource management in the workplace.
- Create a compensation plan that incorporates theories of motivation and retention of employees.
- Evaluate the ethical and legal concerns in the hiring, staffing, and management of employees in the golf industry.
- Utilize case studies to understand the application management philosophies as they apply to pricing, financial performance, technology, competition, and decision-making.
- Create a general management assessment plan for to assess the financial performance of a public, private, resort, or municipal facility.
Students must complete a general management assessment plan that assesses the financial performance of a public, private, resort, or municipal facility. The paper should be no less than 10 pages and include a literature review and reference section that incorporates major research findings in the field of study.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 220,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences