Modern Swing Concepts
Survey on major concepts of the golf swing. Topics will range from exploring the philosophy of teaching, on course management, how fitness relates to the golf swing, and the use of technology to improve teaching.
- Articulate a philosophy and approach to teaching.
- Discuss the different types of the golf swing and which type of swing will benefit individual students.
- Apply swing concepts to a variety of situations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of course management and playing lessons.
- Describe and explain the importance of physiology and physics in the modern golf swing.
- Discuss the differences in traditional golf swing theory from the most recently proposed swing theories such as ‘stack and tilt’ swing theory.
- Analyze and record the differences in traditional and modern swing theories to case studies of golfers from all levels of ability.
- Explain what is meant by the terms ‘one plane’ and ‘two plane’ swing in the context of modern golf swing theory and instruction.
- Explain the meaning of term ‘stack and tilt’ and provide examples of this teaching method as it relates to the ‘fundamentals’ of the golf swing.
- Evaluate skills and actions of typical students based on case studies and suggest a course of action.
- Apply and demonstrate techniques to improve student performance.
- Use enhanced video technology to analyze a golf swing.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences