The application of research methods and statistical techniques to a variety of research problems. The student will use these methods and techniques to address hypothetical and real research issues. The student will have developed a research proposal for the capstone project in HUB650 (a prerequisite for the course) and will apply the material learned in this course to further develop and refine the proposal.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate critical concepts and practices for applying research methods and statistical techniques.
- Evaluate research approaches and judge their appropriateness for different research problems.
- Analyze the effectiveness of research designs for specific types of studies and issues.
- Develop and apply measurement tools to test theories and hypotheses
- Develop methods for data collection and data analysis to test a research proposition.
- Prepare an IRB package for the research proposal that adheres to the standards and practices for protection of human research participation
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences