Personal Growth Comm.
An examination of the meaning and importance of personal growth and human communication in human life and relationships. Development of critical communication skills, self-awareness and self-understanding to enhance personal and professional relationships. Presents a variety of models and methodologies in the exploration of physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual growth.
- To acquaint students with the multidisciplinary background and development of communication theory.
- To demonstrate the application of communication theory to interpersonal and group situations.
- To introduce and/or expand upon concepts of personal growth and their relationship to communication.
- To enlighten students as to their characteristic communicative styles and the interpersonal impact and consequences of their communicative styles.
- Describe the origins of modern communication and personal growth theses in family systems theory, clinical and counseling psychology, and linguistics.
- Describe discrete interpersonal and group episodes in terms of a communications framework.
- Describe his/her own communicative style, and the likely consequences of his/her routine methods of communication.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences