Personal and Pro. Ethics
A study of normative judgments as applied to contemporary human problems such as the uses of power, business practices and the right to live and to die. Examines varied ethical systems using a case study format
- Examine ethics and ethical dilemmas drawn from disciplines such as philosophy, psychology, religious studies, political philosophy and literature and to apply principles identified to both personal and professional contexts.
- Explore the origins, development and functions of ethical and moral standards in personal and professional life.
- Compose essays on selected topics in personal ethics drawn from a variety of disciplines
- Discuss professional ethical standards from the perspectives of functionalism, self-interest, legal liability, public image and concerns for the well-being of individuals and society.
- Analyze and evaluate cases pertaining to ethical behavior in organizations.
- Discuss the ethical and moral responsibilities, limitations, trends and issues faced by professionals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of rules regarding confidentiality, due process, and privacy.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences