Research Design and Analysis
An evaluation of research in psychology and the behavioral sciences. Includes work on research methods and design, and the application and interpretation of basic statistics.
- Explain the utility of research methods used to study behavior, cognition, and emotion.
- Differentiate instances of experimental research from correlational and other forms of quasi-experimental forms of inquiry.
- Correctly identify different levels of research data.
- Identify threats to reliability and validity in concrete instances of research efforts.
- Generate practical research designs in response to statements describing theoretical background and interest.
- Interpret ‘results’ sections of published psychological research papers by describing in words the meaning of the reported results.
- Apply basic statistical techniques to different types of data.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences