Psychology for Managers
A survey of psychological concepts applied to organizational settings. Emphasizes motivation, communication, leadership, and personal development.
- Ability to discuss psychological factors unique to organizations.
- Ability to identify psychological factors unique to individuals working in organizations.
- Ability to discuss topics such as selection, performance appraisal and training.
- Ability to discuss topics such as team building, task groups, and leadership.
- Ability to identify some of the psychological perspectives essential to the role of the manager (e.g., influence, authority, etc.).
- Major Content Areas.
- Decision, Planning and Monitoring Systems.
- Organizing tasks, People & Culture.
- Leading and Empowering People.
- Conflict resolution, Working Conditions and Job Satisfaction.
- Group dynamics and Personality types.
- Organizational Change and Renewal.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences