Managing Aging Services
Administration/Management in Programs for Older Adults applies theories of administration and system management to public and volunteer programs and services for older adults including residential institutions and community programs; emphasis is on bringing a person-centered, life course perspective to the development of competencies needed to perform core managerial functions in aging services organizations: program planning, organizational design, human resource management, supervision, finance, information system, and program evaluation
- Develop strategies to meet some of the challenges unique to aging services organizations and programs (PLO 1, 3, 4)
- Identify ways to serve as boundary managers for aging services organizations situated in complex, changing political, economic, and social environments in order to preserve the humanistic, person-centered orientation required to best serve older adults (PLO 1, 3)
- Evaluate the appropriateness of various theoretical organizational models for use by a selected aging services organization (PLO 1)
- Draft a plan for developing the competencies needed to perform core managerial functions in aging services organizations: program planning, organizational design, human resource management, supervision, finance, information system, and program evaluation (PLO 1, 3)
- Define a change goal for a selected aging services program and outline a strategy and a plan for accomplishing it (PLO 3, 5)
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences