Cross-cultural Practice with Aging Populations focuses on the processes of aging and the problems of older adults in the United States and throughout the world from both theoretical and applied perspectives. Particular emphasis is given to understanding the relationship between non-Western and Western experiences in terms of social, cultural, economic, political, and demographic concomitants.
- Incorporate current theory and relevant research findings in addressing specific topics in the cultural context of aging (PLO 1, 7)
- Identify the diverse ways in which the aging of the world’s population affects individual persons and cultures (PLO 1)
- Develop a set of guidelines for incorporating an understanding of cultural variations in definitions of aging and intergenerational ties into their work with older adults (PLO 3, 4)
- Compare and contrast the lived experience of aging for members in post-industrial and industrializing countries (PLO 1, 4)
- Assemble resources for tracking the emerging models of well aging from around the world (PLO 3, 5)
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences