This course discusses the public policy issues facing communities and the role of the public administrator in implementing policy. Examines the role of community action groups in developing and influencing policies. Evaluates the impact of policy decisions on communities and the ethical issues surrounding decisions.
- Describe the process of public policy formulation in public sector agencies emphasizing the role of bureaucracies.
- Explain the role of the public administrator the implementing and executing policy.
- Explain the role of community action groups in developing and influencing public policy.
- Describe the current public policy issues facing administrators.
- Describe the social impact of public policy issues on stakeholders.
- Discuss the ethical issues surrounding the current public policy issues.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.