Working collaboratively as director, director of photography, assistant director, or production manager, students develop a film production from pre-production through production and post-production. Includes script breakdowns for budget, schedule, casting, location, cinematography and production design, on-set procedures, and post-production work-flow.
- Collaborate as a production team lead (director, associate producer, director of photography, assistant director, production designer or gaffer) to design the production of a short digital motion picture.
- Generate the requisite script breakdowns that include the necessary dramatic, operational, and technical elements necessary to move a film project into production.
- Design the production plan for a short digital motion picture project that includes: a production schedule, budget, casting, production design, staffing and logistical requirements.
- Generate the requisite professional pre-production documentation checklists and forms required for a motion picture production.
- Evaluate the mise-en-scene for a short digital motion picture by applying professional cinematic concepts in the areas of blocking, shot selection, lighting, sound and production design.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.