Production Practicum II
Applies cinematic and directorial principles to the production of short fiction scenes based on a previously produced film. Covers preproduction activities such as script analysis and breakdown, shot selection, and on-set production protocols. Project is edited in the Post-production II course.
- Apply creative processes to the production of short-format digital media programs.
- Interpret the communication objectives of a scripted fiction scene by generating a shot list and digital storyboards in preparation for production.
- Apply the principles of cinematic, sound, and visual design in the production of digital media assets that fulfill the creative and technical requirements for a professional digital media program.
- Collaborate in the production of a digital media program as a production department crew member.
- Apply on-set production protocols and professional techniques used in the production of a digital media program.
- Implement visual and cinematic principles in the production of a short fiction script.
- Implement professional techniques used in the production of image and sound media assets that meet the producer’s schedule and budget objectives.
Students need access to a prosumer digital still and/or video camera with variable zoom and/or prime lenses and tripod and additional audio field recording and lighting equipment.
Recommended: Prior completion of
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.