Essentials of Criminal Law
Covers criminal law and procedure, including crimes and their defenses, constitutional protections, and criminal litigation practice.
- Discuss key principles of criminal law and procedure.
- Identify issues in a criminal law problem.
- Apply key principles of criminal law to resolve legal issues.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the important elements of and defenses to crimes.
- Explain how the U.S. Constitution impacts criminal law and procedure.
- Understand basic ethical principles applicable to paralegals in a criminal law practice.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
Online or On-site
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn on-site at locations across California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.