Mathematics for Science
A review of basic mathematics principles, including main algebra concepts, for business, probability and statistics, physical, natural, and social sciences for non-mathematics majors. This course provides the necessary skills to be successful in MTH 210, MTH 215, SCI 104 and SCI 104A, SCI 101 and SCI 101A, SCI 102, SOC 100 and SOC 260.
- Understand properties of the real number system.
- Able to solve systems of linear equations in two variables.
- Understand properties of squares and square roots.
- Solve quadratic equations using a variety of strategies.
- Understand properties of functions and graph simple functions.
- Convert numbers in standard notation into scientific notation, and conversely.
- Understand properties of exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Manipulate numbers in exponential and logarithmic notations.
- Understand properties of rational expressions and equations.
- Solve rational equations.
- Understand properties of trigonometric functions, and solve equations involving trigonometric functions.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences