This course provides a survey of the different types of services provided by organizations. Topics include similarities and differences between production of services and production of products, the wide variety of services produced, proportion of organizations’ offerings that are services, and accountability and quality of services.
- Contrast the approaches to service management in different countries.
- Distinguish among a variety of types of service.
- Specify the processes that consistently create higher quality service levels.
- Predict the impact of various levels of service on customer satisfaction.
- Assess how services levels within the value chain, especially when outsourced, impact achievement of organizational objectives.
- Evaluate service levels both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Judge the people and technical systems that produce the service.
- Build an effective service delivery system.
- Evaluate the ethical issues associated with specific service management decisions.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.