The theory and practices of Human-Computer Interfaces (HCI) from information systems angle are discussed. Various industry and web HCIs designs will be evaluated from the user-centered perspective utilizing information systems. Rapid prototyping and comparative evaluation of design are essential parts of this course. In addition, users’ expectation of interface design, interaction and usability components and user-centered HCI evaluation and development will be covered.
- Analyze Human-Computer Interaction principle and designs in Information Systems.
- Compare various HCI designs to gain knowledge on user-centric interfaces.
- Evaluate the Internet sites considering; usability and user appreciation designs.
- Appraise social websites such as; facebook, linkedin, twitter or others from user-centric and HCI viewpoint.
- Construct conceptual basis to design HCI that includes: problems, goals, user interaction style, as well as user-centric interface design.
- Apply Information Systems tools to prototype the end-user design.
- Develop end-user interfaces incorporating problem solving solutions in HCI.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.