Mr. Christopher Simpson
Chris retired from the U.S. Navy in October 2009 after 27 years of service. He has extensive experience as an Information Assurance Manager, including a tour as the Information Assurance Manager (IAM) for the Commander, Combined Forces Command Afghanistan.
Mr. Simpson holds a Bachelor of Sciences degree in Computer and Information Science (CIS) from the University of Maryland and a Master of Science degree in Information Security and Assurance from George Mason University. He is currently a Doctoral student at Dakota State University. His certifications include Computer and Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), GIAC Python Coder (GPYC), Cloud Security Alliance Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), Navy Master Training Specialist and the KM Institute Certified Knowledge Manager.
- Simpson, C.. (2013). Knowledge Management for Incident Response. The 10th Annual Security Summit.
- Simpson, C.. (2013). The Cloud GRC Stack Demystied. ISACA North America CACS.
- Simpson, C.. (2012). Building an Incident Response Plan for Federal Public Cloud Deployments. Cloud Security Alliance Congress.
- Simpson, C.. (2012). Incident Response in the Cloud. The 9th Annual Security Summit.
- Simpson, C.. (n.d.). Building the Next Generation of Computer Security Professionals. Toorcon 14.
- Simpson, C.. (n.d.). Using Security Onion for Hands-On Cybersecurity Labs. American Society for Engineering Education 2015 Pa.