Analysis and design of analog electronic circuits which are used in communications, computers and instrumentation. Provide fundamentals and analysis of non-linear, active components such as diodes, transistors (both bipolar and MOSFET), OP-AMP, rectifiers, amplifiers etc. Use modern simulation tools such as PSpice for the design, analyses, and performance evaluations of electronic circuits.
- Understand basic concepts and terminology in electronic circuits such as signals, signal amplification, circuit models of linear amplifiers etc.
- Understand basic semiconductor device physics, characteristics, biasing and circuit analysis of the p-n junction diode, BJT transistor and MOSFET.
- Perform electronic circuits analysis using DC and AC signals.
- Analyze and design op-amp circuits.
- Analyze a variety of BJT and MOSFET analog amplifiers including Common Source, Common Base, Common Collector, Differential, etc.
- Design electronic circuits to meet desired specifications.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.