Network Systems Security
The course analyzes modern network systems and data transfer methods through high speed networks for both wire-connected and wireless systems. The course evaluates ethics, security, and privacy issues involved in voice and data communications systems. The fundamentals of ensuring confidentiality, integrity, availability, and non-reputability will be studied. Students will also analyze various types of identification, authentication, encryption, and decryption protocols.
- Analyze the ethical aspects in communication systems
- Contrast standard network system and wireless network system
- Evaluate the common types of threats to information systems.
- Compare the major Policy and Architectural Models for IT Security Management
- Apply security and encryption techniques to real business applications
- Analyze steps for recovery, including policies, technologies and products.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.