Professional Growth Leadership
This course examines the theories, principles, and concepts related to leadership, administration, and management as well as student learning assessment models. Focus is directed toward understanding how to apply the leadership theories and assessment models in education settings involving faculty, staff, students, parents and the community. Emphasis is placed on professional and personal development and modeling of professional growth activities to faculty and staff in educational environments.
- Examine the principles of adult learning and their use in developing professional development programs.
- Evaluate distributive leadership models and their implementation in schools.
- Examine strategies for using student assessment data in collaboration with teachers.
- Explore a variety of leadership methods used to assist new teachers.
- Analyze self-improvement growth activities.
4.5 quarter units
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.