Routing Protocols Concepts
This course describes the architecture, components, and operation of routers, and explains the principles of routing and routing protocols. Students analyze, configure, verify, and troubleshoot the primary routing protocols RIPv2, EIGRP, and OSPF. By the end of this course, students will be able to recognize and correct common routing issues and problems. Each chapter walks the student through a basic procedural lab, and then presents basic configuration, implementation, and troubleshooting labs. Packet Tracer (PT) activities reinforce new concepts, and allow students to model and analyze routing processes that may be difficult to visualize or understand. Topics include: Introduction to Routing and Packet Forwarding; Static Routing; Introduction to Dynamic Routing Protocols; Distance Vector Routing Protocols; VLSM and CIDR; RIPv2; The Routing Table #8211; A Closer Look; EIGRP; Link-State Routing Protocols; OSPF.
- Demonstrate understanding of the purpose, nature, and operations of a router.
- Analyze the role of static and dynamic routing protocols and place these protocols in the context of modern network design.
- Compare classfull and classless IP addressing for a given network.
- Configure basic RIPv2, single area OSPF, and EIGRP operations in a small routed network.andlt;br type=andquot;_mozandquot; /andgt;
- Demonstrate understanding of the features and operations of the Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP).
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.